Acupuncture is a modality of the alternative form of medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, originating in China and other East Asian countries including Korea and Japan. Acupuncture involves the insertion of thin filiform-needles into the body to stimulate nervous system to promote a healing response.
The meridian system comprises of channels that are linked with the body’s tissues, organs, and its pathways. These channels serve to facilitate the circulation of blood, nutrients, functional hormones, and other necessary biomolecules all of which Chinese Medicine practitioners call Qi.
The meridian channel comprises of points that are linked with the body’s tissues, organs, and its pathways. These points are stimulated to directly improve the linked organ’s function by either tonifying or sedating them depending on the condition of the organs and tissues.
A practitioner will first assess you to find their pattern of disharmony in order to find the root cause of your illness. Once they have discovered it through a combination of real-time physical signs and verbal evidence, they will develop a treatment plan according to your specific pattern.
Some scientifically proven effects include the promoting of healing such as decreasing pain reception, improving circulation to punctured area, and releasing pain-relieving hormones. This, however, is only a generalized explanation of the actual capabilities of acupuncture.
Acupuncture is most well-known for treating most pain disorders, but it can also treat internal diseases such as gastrointestinal disorders, vascular diseases, neurological disorders, cardiovascular disease, psychological disorders, respiratory disorders, and also improve longevity.
Here is a short list of diseases acupuncture can help:
- shoulder, neck, and back pain
- tendinitis and carpal tunnel
- arthritis, rheumatism, and other joint pain
- cardiovascular disease: ‘The Three Highs’ : high blood pressure, high blood sugar, high cholesterol
- bone diseases: Degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, bulging and slipped discs, osteoporosis, and other bone diseases
- digestive disorders: diarrhea, epigastric pain (stomach ache), abdominal pain, constipation, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), Crohn’s disease, gastroenteritis
- respiratory disorders : asthma, dyspnea (difficult breathing), chronic cough, wheezing, and even nicotine addiction (smoking)
- psycho-emotional disease: anxiety, stress, depression, mania, learning difficulty
All new patients at our offices are required to receive a mandatory consultation and, if they intend to receive chiropractic care, must receive an additional physical exam as a separate service.
However, it is only a one-time fee.
We do issue a re-consultation fee of the same price in the following cases:
- You aren't treated by our practitioners within a time period of 3 months.
- You develop an unrelated illness such as new injuries, febrile conditions, colds, self-generated diseases, and etc..
- You are coming solely to spend time for a one-on-one consultation with any of our practitioners.
We will waive re-consultation fee in these cases:
- Our advice or treatment causes a worsening of your condition.
- If your condition requires less than 5 minutes of reevaluation.
This is so we can better understand your health issue, what is causing it, then how we treat it. This also ensures they can deliver the best results possible for you each time you come in by making sure we can track what works and what doesn't work for you.
Acupuncture Healing Center, Inc © 2020 All rights reserved
Made with ❤ by HOLSITIC WEB HOLDINGS, LLC