Tui Na (Chinese: 推拿, pinyin: tuīná) or acupressure is a form of therapy in which manual techniques are used to manipulate the body’s soft tissue to promote healing, improved circulation, and pain relief.
The meridian system comprises of channels that are linked with the body’s tissues, organs, and its pathways. These channels serve to facilitate the circulation of blood, nutrients, functional hormones, and other necessary biomolecules all of which Chinese Medicine practitioners call Qi.Traditional Chinese Medicine acknowledges the importance of muscles and bones, so modern physiology and anatomy has been incorporated into its branch of medicine. Being the first modality of Traditional Chinese Medicine (or even medicine for that matter), Tui Na is highly developed form of medicine. It was first discovered that the human application of touch and pressure could facilitate healing. This is because pressure and warmth can facilitate circulation, unbind stagnation, and loosen tissues.
Basic Principles of Asian Bodywork Therapy
- When you exert force through motion, your muscles and skeletal structure are absorb the pressure.
- As the amount of effort you exert accumulates, your body begins to develop blockages and inflammation as observed with muscle strains, pain, spinal stiffness, spasms, and even numbness of certain areas.
- Acupressure is used to help decrease pain while treating affected areas and effectively restore their function.
Tui Na (Chinese: 推拿, pinyin: tuīná) can generally alleviate these symptoms:
- chronic or acute pain
- shoulders and neck, back, shoulder, hip, and joint pain and tightness
- digestive disorders: diarrhea, epigastric pain (stomach ache), abdominal pain, constipation, IBS
- menstrual disorders: amenorrhea (lack of period), dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation), metorrhagia (excessive bleeding)
- bone diseases: Degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, bulging and slipped discs, osteoporosis, and other bone related disorders
Acupuncture Healing Center, Inc © 2020 All rights reserved
Made with ❤ by HOLSITIC WEB HOLDINGS, LLC